Supported by the Department of Medical Services of the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand, the 3rd APTOS Big Data Competition focuses on the report generation from fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) images of over 1,700 patients with different eye conditions.
Fundus fluorescein angiography (FFA) is an invasive diagnostic procedure that helps to assess the anatomy, physiology, and pathology of retinal and choroidal circulation. It aids in the diagnosis of various ocular pathologies and contributes to decision-making when planning the management of ocular pathology.
In this synchronous competition, you’ll build a machine learning model to generate comprehensive angiography reports for patients with eye diseases. You’ll work with over 50,000 FFA images collected in hospital settings to identify different vascular lesions, anomalies, blood flow patterns and to ultimately generate an accurate report, which is a time-consuming and knowledge-intensive task for the physician. If successful, you will help ophthalmologists save tremendous time that can otherwise be spent on improving the quality of patient care.
- October 21, 2023 – Launch of Competition & APTOS Hackathon 2023 Registration Open
- October 24, 2023 – Accepting Submissions
- November 15, 2023 – Entry Deadline & Team Merger Deadline
- November 26, 2023 – Preliminary Round Submission Deadline & APTOS Hackathon 2023 Registration Deadline
- December 1, 2023 – APTOS 2023 Hackathon & Final Submission Deadline (Only participants taking part in APTOS Hackathon 2023 are eligible to receive the prize money.)
- December 2, 2023 – Submission of Codes (The top 5 finalists must submit their codes for review by 18:00 UTC+8.)
- December 3, 2023 – Prize Presentation
Participants taking part in APTOS Hackathon 2023 with the best scores on the private leaderboard are eligible to receive:
- 1st Place – US$10,000
- 2nd Place – US$5,000
Winners in this competition will be invited to contribute to the Closing Session of the 8th Asia Pacific Tele-Ophthalmology Society Symposium, on December 3, 2023 to share their tips and pearls in developing a winning AI algorithm. All winners must present their “Share & Tell” on December 3, 2023 in order to become eligible for the cash prizes.
3rd APTOS Big Data Competition
APTOS Hackathon 2023
We thank Rajavathi Hospital for providing the images for the 3rd APTOS Big Data Competition.
We are also grateful towards Alibaba Cloud and Tianchi, our sole sponsors that provide us with the technical support necessary for the Competition to take place.